This virtual classroom seminar will consider some public law problems in private children cases. It will consider what to do when issues of child protection, drugs and alcohol come into a s.8 case.
Sometimes a web of child protection issues can come into a s.8 case and this live session will help the private child practitioner to navigate those issues with confidence.
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Dealing with the authorities
- How to deal with Local Authority intervention and disclosure
- Police disclosure
- ABE interviews
- Safeguarding issues
- Expert assessment and drug testing
- Part 25 applications for psychiatrist, psychologists and other experts
- Choice of experts, letters of instruction
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Which kind of report? S7 and s37 reports?
- Public law proceedings; avoid or embrace
- Representation of children
- Preparing for fact findings
- Drafting and responding to schedules
- Use of chronologies
- Directions to seek
- Witness evidence
- Client management and dealing with the other side
- Stresses and strains
- Safeguarding duties
- Funding issues
- Combative opponents, litigants in person, children’s solicitors
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording – should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
For further information and booking, please click here.